Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Have I ever told you how beautiful a sunset on the beach in Florida is. It would be impossible to describe but I'll try. In the evening when the sun is moments away from touching the horizon the inhabitants of Anne Maria Island flock to the beach carrying multicolored lawn chairs to watch the sunset. The suns glows with a bright orange light as it sinks towards the brilliant, fiery waters below. The clouds around the sun glow with the same orange light while those further away are streaked with blue and pink. The sun touches the horizon the people around me cheer as the suns glow seems to spread across the water. The sky darkens as the sun slowly disappears until all that remains is a faint red glow. The clouds above shine with an eerie blue light as the people walk back to their homes.

I guess my glory days where my high school years when I played football. Those where great times. I liked my school and I had a lot of good friends. I really had fun playing football and I made lasting relationships with my fellow players and coaches. Everything always seemed to be going great in high school. I was not yet troubled by the responsibilities of the real world. I hope my college experience will be just as good. I hope to have many more glorious days ahead.

I'm really surprised by how much my family changes during Thanksgiving and Christmas. My extended family that is. During the rest of the year we barely see or hear from them. Then when Thanksgiving rolls around they all want to come over to our house. ALL of them. The experience is similar to not eating all year and then eating a years worth of food in one sitting. Everyone is nice to each other despite any greavances. I quess this is a good thing but it feelis fake to me. As long as everyone is happy I will just have to play along.

No comments: